Saturday, June 11, 2016

The Kinsman Redeemer Without a Name

We were reading the book of Ruth today. The end takes place around this time of year at the barley harvest. What stood out to me this time as we read it was the kinsman redeemer that was first in line. (it's a small book, you might want to reread it to get the jist of what I'm talking about)

Names are important in the Bible and this first kinsman redeemer's name is never mentioned. That's not an accident. His name is left out on purpose in my opinion.

Ruth 4:6 tells us that he does not want to mar his own inheritance to be the kinsman redeemer. Stop and think about the consequences of this man's decision! He missed out on being in the lineage of Christ because he was too concerned about  his kingdom!!!!

When we say no to God because of our own busyness or distractions, what are we missing out on? Only God knows most of the time, but how could anything we want to do have better eternal consequences than what He asks us and created us to do?

Grace and peace,
ReneƩ
 

3 comments:

  1. Boaz was Ruth'S kinsman redeemer. My kinsman redeemer is Jesus because he provides for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jesus is our Kinsman Redeemer!! I am so thankful for that.

      Delete
    2. Yes, Jesus is our Kinsman Redeemer!! I am so thankful for that.

      Delete