Sunday, July 10, 2016

Are You A Friend Of God???

John 15; 
9“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. 17 This is my command: Love each other.

Listen to what the Lord is saying, He is calling you His friends, If you obey His commands, and then He tells you His commands. A friend is one whom you hang out with, one you spend your time with. A friend, Jesus says is one who knows His business, He does not tell just anybody His business. Only those who obey His commands. If you are a friend of Jesus, you not only obey His commands, you lay your life down for your brother, and your neighbor and your friends.

A friend of God, a friend of the creator of the world and everything in it, a friend of the creator of the heavens and everything in them, think about that, if you obey His commands, you are a friend of the most powerful being that ever existed. A friend, His buddy, the one He desires conversation with, to spend time with. But He requires His commands and will to be done. You have rules you demand before you take someone as your friend, Jesus makes you His friends when you meet His requirements of friendship. He doesn't just going around telling anybody His business, He only tells His friends, the ones who obey His commands.

It is not free to obey Jesus commands, His commands are serious, they are very powerful, if His commands and Will is not done, we end up with a world in which we live now. Chaos, hate, war, anger, tyrannical rulers, nations falling, people dying in vain, lawlessness, sexual impurity, drunkenness, orgies, religious leaders lying and deceiving people. Our nation is in Chaos because people have turned away from the  Commands of God, have turned away from laying down their lives for their friends. The church has turned away from the works in which we were created to do, the church has forbidden the people to do works, Works are the evidence that you are the friends of God. If you have no works, you are not a friend of God, and that means you will not inherit eternal life.

His friends, the ones who obey His commands, the ones who give up there life to do His will, the ones who lay down their lives for their friends and brothers and neighbors, those are the ones who will inherit eternal life. Those who do these things and endure until the end, doing them. I cant understand why someone would want to be luke warm, and turn down friendship with the creator of the world, to not desire to spend eternity in God's presence in heaven, I just cant understand what anything on this earth could be so important for 70 years to forfeit all of that. Love covers over a multitude of sins. Love is the truth, the Love of God is eternal life.
The most powerful message in the World, is the Lion laying down in peace with the Lamb. That is the message of eternal life in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment